Always Look on the Bright Side

Well - these are not colors I would usually grab to work with but this was the color challenge on Split Coast - Riding Hood Red, Summer Sun, Kraft and black! Pretty bright huh?!?! I used Papertrey Ink colors on my card because I don't have Summer Sun so I used Pure Poppy and Summer Sunrise which I think are similar to the SU colors.

I also wanted to try the Split Coast New Technique challenge from yesterday using Claire's Ribbon Frame. I think it would work better if I had the slot punch Claire mentions in her directions where you can punch anywhere on the card. I like her samples on the larger panel. I was limited to the size of my square since I used the hand held SU Horizontal slot punch and it wouldn't reach in very far!

DH and I are going to a Celtics Basketball game tomorrow night so I won't be posting until probably Thursday - AND - it's FINALLY time for the Stamp New England gathering in Portsmouth NH and I'll be at that Friday and Saturday! I'll be sure to share pics when I get back!

thanks for stopping by today!

Stamps: Verve Visual: Flutterby
Paper: Pure Poppy, Summer Sunrise, Kraft: PTI, basic black: SU
Ink: Pure Poppy: PTI
Accessories: horizontal slot punch, key tag punch: SU, swiss dots cuttlebug folder, glue dots, saddle stitched pure poppy ribbon : PTI, sponge
Techniques: dry embossing, ribbon frame

No comments:

Post a Comment