Two Color Challenges and a Sketch

Here is my card for the Split Coast sketch challenge. I also used the colors for Kristina's KwernerDesign challenge .

The required colors were pumpkin pie, close to cocoa, so saffron, elegant eggplant and white - and I used them all! A great fall color combination don't you think? I made my card 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 - my favorite card size lately!

I used my new embossed button punch by Martha Stewart that I've had for a while but hadn't used yet - this card was the perfect time to get it out! I clear embossed the spool and sentiment which are both from Papertrey Ink. The spool is colored with Copics. I knotted hemp through the button holes. The buttons and spool image are popped up on foam dimensionals.

Stamps: Quilters Sampler: PTI
Paper: pumpkin pie, so saffron, choc chip, elegant eggplant: SU, White PTI
Ink: onyx black versafine, so saffron: SU
Accessories: sponge, clear Ep, hot gun, purple hemp, foam dimensionals, button embossed punch: Martha Stewart. Copics

My next card was made for the color challenge on Split Coast this week - to use Real Red, Basic Black and Kraft.
I used this cute Fairy Tales stamp set by H&M Stamps. I just love the 3 different sizes of mushrooms and the cute butterfly with the flight trail. They stamp really clear and precise - I'm afraid my picture doesn't show that today. (The trials of photographing at night in a photobox!)


I used my clear spica pen to add glitter to the images. I punched the corners and tucked the red panel into the cut. The sentiments and kraft mushrooms are up on foam dimensionals. This is aother 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 inch card so the sentiment coming off the edge will still fit into the envelope.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Leave me a comment so I can come by and see what you have been doing!


Stamps: Fairy Tales: H&M Stamps
Paper: real red, basic black, kraft: SU
Ink: Onyx black versafine, real red: SU
Accessories: sponge, oval punch, key tag punch (trimmed down), hole punch, sticky jewels, lacey corner punch, small oval punch, foam dimensionals, spica clear pen

No comments:

Post a Comment