Inspired by Mad Men for Thanksgiving

This was one of the pictures shown to us by Stef on Split Coast for our inspiration challenge this week - pictures of characters on the TV show Mad Men - do you watch it? I do not but I guess it's set in the 60's? about an office? I was inspired by the colors of the ladies outfits and the gold chain necklaces several of them are wearing - and I made this Thanksgiving card!

I cuttled the panels with the Argyle, Distressed Stripes and Swiss Dots folders and tied two gold ribbons around the panels. I sponged the sentiment edges with Papertrey Ripe Avocado ink and added gold rhinestones and a leaf brad.
I used the sketch from the Nov Fan Club challenge on Split Coast and I'm entering this card in the Caardvarks photograph challenge. We were to be inspired by a picture of several ears of Indian Corn.
It was cold, cold, cold here in New England today! In the 20's and windy! I like it though - kind of brisk and invigorating - I'm ready for the winter change of season - I guess that's why I like living here!!
I'm so glad you came by today!
Stamps: Holidays & Wishes: SU
Paper: naturals ivory, choc chip, close to cocoa, tangerine tango, purely pomegranate: SU, Ripe avocado: PTI
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Ripe Avocado: PTI
Accessories: gold ribbons: PTI, cuttlebug, argyle, weathered stripes, Swiss Dots folders, hole punch, leaf brad, gold rhinestone stickers, foam dimensionals, curley label punch, Key tag punch: SU, sponge

No comments:

Post a Comment