Friends of Waltzingmouse Blog Waltz - Birthday Wishes



Today I'm participating in the Friends of Waltzingmouse Blog Waltz taking place in the WMS forum.  The theme this month is birthdays!  Check it out here in the Playroom of the Forum.

My card was inspired by this cake from the Split Coast Inspiration Challenge yesterday which was the web site Maggie Austin Cake.

The fold of the card was inspired by Saturday's Crazy 4 Challenges challenge to use the Joy Fold for your card.

I stamped the top 3/4s of the cake with Versamark and the bottom piece with dark cocoa ink - then I put white embossing powder on the top pieces and clear embossing powder on the chocolate piece and embossed the cake with my hot gun. Finally, I stamped the cake plate with Versamark and embossed it with silver embossing powder.

The cake panel is tucked under the sentiment circle on my card. When you slip the cake panel out, it opens up to show the inside of the card.
I cut off the bottoms of the circles for the sentiment piece so it was easier to slip the top piece behind it.

The sentiment is adhered with thick form tape just along the bottom edge so the top flap can slip behind it


You'll find the Joy Fold Tutorial on Split Coast Stampers in the forums here.

My stamps are from a fun new set by Waltzingmouse called Eat Cake

Now I'm off to the WMS forum to blog waltz and see all the fun birthday card inspiration!  Are you coming?


Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Eat Cake

Paper: white, Hibiscus Burst, Hawaiian Shores, Summer Sunrise, Plum Pudding, Lavender Moon, DP Modern Homemaker/October Afternoon
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black & Rich Cocoa, Versamark
Accessories: 1 1/4", 1 1/2", 1 3/4" circle punches, flower punch - Carla Craft, Rhinestone stickers - Michaels, white, clear & silver embossing powder, square nestability

No comments:

Post a Comment