Say Hello to Zenfangle With Buttons and a Bow!

What a fun technique for us to try this week for the Ways to Use It challenge on Split Coast! Guest Host Beverly (ruby-hearted mom) introduced us to the art called Zentangle using pen and ink -black ink!

Here's my humble first attempt at the technique. An upscale doodling if you will - I used my micron 01 pen, a Sharpie, a white gel pen (just a tad!) and a grey copic. I hand wrote the 'hello'

My image is on a 4" square that I framed with black, grey and white.

I always used to doodle on the sides of my notebooks in school (didn't we all?!?!) - this art form really takes it to the next level!

Beverly is visiting in Boston this week (from TX!) and I work in Boston - so I PM'd her to see where she was and we were able to get together for lunch! We'd never met but 'knew' each other from Split Coast. We hit it off like long lost friends - isn't the stamping community a great one to be involved in!?! Here we are enjoying a great lunch at Jacob Wirth's in the theater district of Boston. Then we walked around the Boston Public Garden, saw the swan boats, and hit a couple of shops!
Stamps: none
Paper: white - PTI, black - SU, Bazzill white and grey
Ink: none
Accessories: grey copic N2, white gel pen, foam dimensionals, Mircon 01 black pen, black Sharpie


And here's my card for Friday's Free 4 All Challenge at Split Coast - to use Buttons and Bows.
My stamps are from a beautiful set from Waltzingmouse Stamps called Asian Garden. I layered some extra tree leaves on the tree with foam dimensionals. I chose my colors based on the pretty DP.
I used this weeks Taylored Expressions sketch for my card.
Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Asian Garden
Paper: White - PTI, DP GCD Studios/miniflowers/SUnny Days Collection, Coredinations/Oxford Ink: Enchanted Evening- PTI, Sunset Orange - Adirondack, Apricot Appeal - SU
Accessories: glue dots, foam dimensionals, sponge, vintage buttons-PTI, circle & scalloped circle nestabilities

No comments:

Post a Comment