Simple, Humble and a Winner!

There's a brand new weekly challenge starting over on Split Coast - a CAS challenge - Clean and Simple cards. The idea is to make a card with no layers and few adornments. And you are given an inspiration. This week we were directed to JoAnn's web site showing flannel materials. I chose this black and white 'dartboard' material for my inspiration.

and here is the clean and simple card I created.

First I stamped the sentiment from Papertrey Ink along the bottom of the card. Then I cut 3 squares of Papertrey Black and White Basics designer paper and attached them above the sentiment. And finally, I knotted a gingham ribbon over the squares and was done! Clean and Simple!

Stamps: Around About Sentiments: PTI
Paper: White, DP - Black and White Basics: PTI,
Ink: Onyx Black Versafine
Accessories: true black party plaid: PTI

My second card was made for the Split Coast Sketch challenge - I used the Sweetly Stamped set by H&M Stamps and some fruity/vege DP by Basic Grey. I used some stickles on the 'crust' to give that 'sugared' look to the pie!
Stamps: Sweetly Stamped: H&M Stamps
Paper: white, ripe avocado: PTI, DP: SU and Basic Grey Offbeat
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Ripe Avocado: PTI
Accessories: pure poppy twill: PTI, green dew drops, oval punch: SU, foam dimensionals, Forest branches cuttlebug folder, glue dots, gold ice stickles, sponge, prismacolor markers, red gem: amuse


And now here is the winner of my Blogaversary Candy:

Random.org gave me number 37:
Kelly Jo said...
Happy blogaversary!I had to chuckle when you referenced the # of posts you made and said you need to get a life. I often think that of myself too :) Great prize!
so Congratulations Kelly Jo! - send your mail address to me at julia.aston@comcast.net and I'll get all the fun 'candy' out to you right away!
Thanks everyone for stopping by tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment