A Shiny New Year and a Chanukah Dreidel

The Double Dare Challenge that I do with some SCS friends was from Anne (jdmommy) this week and her challenge was to make a New Year's card with some shine or bling. I've been waiting to use this Happy New Year's hat stamp by Stampendous all year! So I whipped that right out - and I actually cased one of my own cards - (you can see it in my post below) because I just loved how the embossed city scape stamp by Amuse looks and thought it would work for this card too! I used a dotted blue designer paper for the sky and embossed stars from the Take a Bough set from Papertrey Ink.

You can see the other Double Dare New Years cards here.

Stamps: 2009: Karen Foster Snap Stamps, Hat: Stampendous, City Scape: Amuse, Stars: PTI Take a Bough
Paper: Grey Bazzill, White: PTI, Basic Black & DP: SU
Ink: onyx black versafine, embossing pad
Accessories: silve EP, hot gun, foam dimensionals, circle punches

I made these Dreidels as part of a gift I'm giving my bosses for Chanukah - I'll be putting some candies or nuts in these and I'll include some home made cookies and little breads wrapped up in a box or a plate of some sort (haven't gotten that all planned out yet!) I'll show you that when I get it all made up!I found the pattern on Martha Stewart.com under crafts - I searched on dreidel - I enlarged it about 200 times to make it a finished size of about 4 1/2 x 2. I punched a 1/4 inch hole in the top piece and inserted a 1/4 inch dowel and tied a silver ribbon (Papertrey Ink) around it. I put some glue around the opening inside and out that will hopefully hold the dowel in place!?! The piece on the left shows you how it looks before I taped it all together so you can see the images I silver embossed on the sides. The stamp set is Mazel Tov by Papertrey Ink.

Stamps: Mazel Tov: Papertrey Ink
Paper: Ballet Blue: SU
Ink: embossing pad
Accessories: silver EP, 1/4" dowel, 1/4 " hole punch, silver ribbon: PTI, tacky tape

No comments:

Post a Comment