Halloween Treat Bag With A New Technique

Here is my project for the Try a new Technique challenge on Split Coast- Faux Embossing. See the instructions for Faux Embossing here. The basics are - you stamp a silhouette style stamp using White Chalk Ink - then over stamp it with a color - but stamp the color slightly off to the right so it makes the image look 3D or embossed!For the faux embossing technique - I stamped the house and moon with white chalk ink - then overstamped it with Pumpkin Pie - shifting the stamp over to the right just a bit to give the embossed look ( I used my Stamp a ma jig for placement) - It's very subtle on the black but I hope you can see it. It shows up best on the moon in the picture. I stamped the witch and trees just in chalk white for contrast.

I cut the ovals and sentiment with my nestabilities.

This little treat container is called a Diaper Fold or Origami Fold. See the tutorial for it here. It's easy peasy to make - it takes one sheet of 12 x 12 double sided designer paper and folds up in just a minute.

I'm going to sell these on my stamping table at our town's Founders Day in early September. I think they'll be a hit for Halloween treats - don't you?

thanks so much for stopping by today!

Stamps: Home is where the haunt is - SU, Happy Halloween - Picture Show
Paper: Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, DP - all SU
Ink: White Craft, Pumpkin Pie - All SU
Accessories: nestability petite ovals, long rectangle, Stamp a ma jig, red tacky tape

No comments:

Post a Comment