Inspiring Cake, Watercoloring, a Sketch and Masculine Motorcross

Yes folks - you can get anything you could possibly want right here on this post today!!! My two cards cover 5 challenges!

I made this card for two Dare to Get Dirty challenges over on Split Coast - Jenn's challenge to be inspired by a cake seen here. And Christine's challenge to use watercoloring on a card.I immediately thought of using this designer paper that I had. I watercolored this cute little dragonfly from Artful INKables Pond Friends set - using Prismacolor Watercolor Pencils and my aquabrush - layered it on black and red panels as well as some magic mesh and stamped the sentiment on the layered circles.I don't think you can see it too well - but I outlined my dragonfly with Spica gold pen - IRL it looks all shimmery. I also stamped another head and layered it over the image. The sentiment circles are up on foam dimensionals also.

Stamps: Artful Inkables Pond Friends and Basic Salutations
Paper: Spring Moss: PTI, Ruby Red & Basic Black: SU, DP Holiday Ivy
Ink: Onyx black versafine
Accessories: Prismacolor Watercolor pencils, aquabrush, paper piercer, circle punches, spica gold pen, red magic mesh, foam dimensionals, Ribbon: Spring Moss Saddle stitched: PTI

My second card is for three more challenges over on Split Coast. This weeks sketch challenge, Lauren's DTGD challenge to use monochromatic color and Michelle's DTGD challenge to make a masculine card!

Here is the sketch - I turned it on it's side to accomodate my stamped image.

I used the biker stamp from Artful INKables Motorcross set along with Charbon designer paper from Stampin Up, Basic Gray and Going Gray for my card. I added magic mesh under the image and some star snap brads.

I stamped the sentiment on Vintage Cream by PapertreyInk - punched it with the small oval punch and mounted it to a larger oval piece of Basic Grey.

So I got a lot of challenges covered today - and once again I'm getting to bed at 11:30 instead of 10! I'll try again tomorrow night!

Don't forget the 10% off sale going on over at Artful Inkables through the end of July!

Thank you SO MUCH for coming by! I really truly appreciate each of you taking the time to look at my stuff! I'll be checking out yours too!

Stamps: Motorcross & Basic Salutations: Artful Inkables
Paper: going grey, basic gray, DP - Charbon: SU, vintage cream: PTI
Ink: going gray - SU
Accessories: magic mesh, star button brads, cropadile, foam dimensionals, oval punches, nestability rectangle

No comments:

Post a Comment