A Peek at Plant Prints

Well, I hope you are as excited as I am to see this great stamp set called Plant Prints from Kristin over at Artful INKables. If you love nature and the woods - you will love this set - It will be available for sale at her on line store on Tuesday - July 1st so be sure to check it out over there! In the meantime - you can see the great sets she has there already!

On this project I am highlighting 3 of the sets 8 stamps. A beautiful fern sprig and a pair of leaves - one small, one large.


For my project I used a journal that I piked up on sale at an art store - it's about 4 7/8" x 3 1/2". It had a navy cover with some advertising on it - so I needed to cover that up with this great woodsy designer paper by Basic Grey called Mellow Automne. I used my spiral punch to punch on the top edge and it fit right in around the coils! I distressed and sponged the edges before attaching it to the cover.

Then I stamped the fern on a piece of Naturals Ivory card stock - first with Lake Mist ink to look like they were in the background and then with Lettuce Ink - both by Adirondack. I distressed the edges and sponged everything with Hazlenut Ink.

I stamped the leaves, cut them out, and curled them a little bit around my finger tip. Then I put a foam dimensional in the curve and layered them to the panels. The FABULOUS sentiment is from the Basic Salutations set that has a whopping 18 stamps in it - words and phrases for all occasions!! It will be available on July 1st also.


Here's a close up of the cluster of leaves.


and here is a closer look at the font on the sentiment - I love the smaller size font on the first word and the mixture of regular and italic letters.



To finish off my little notebook - I cut 9 ribbons about 6" long each and double knotted them around the coils - then I trimmed them at an angle to an even length. I also added one knotted piece to the top corner of the panel.

I use notebooks like these to write down the recipes for the cards I make - or you could use it for a journal or a too do list.


Thanks so much for stopping by - tomorrow I'll have another fun project to share with you so be sure to drop by!


Paper: Naturals Ivory: SU, DP - Basic Grey Mellow Automne, Wire bound notebook

Ink: Hazelnut, Espresso, Lake Mist, Lettuce: Adirondack, Onyx Black Versafine

Stamps: Artful INKables: Plant Prints, Basic Salutations

Supplies: Edge Distresser - Heidi Swapp, spiral punch: Stampin Up, Dotted green and brown grosgrain ribbons - Michaels, foam dimensionals, sponge.

No comments:

Post a Comment