How Frazzled are You Today??


Well - It's raining cats and dogs here right now! It started out as snow this afternoon - then turned to very wet snow - and then it warmed up a bit and changed again to a downpour of rain!

So I guess it's appropriate that my card today is a cat! and even a very frazzled cat! I love my new stamp by Stamps by Judith (can you tell I just bought a whole slew of stamps from them - my last few cards feature their stamps!)

I highly recommend that you buy their catalogue for $10. They have a lot more stamps then they show pictures of on their website - but you can order them all from their site - they are all listed on one of their web pages by number so you need the catalogue to know what they are - or you can click on them to see but it would take forever.... anyway - they have a ton of really cute stamps and sentiments so check them out!

So - back to my card! I made this for todays color challenge on SCS - to use River Rock, Black and White. I stamped up my frazzled cat on a panel I cut using a rectangle nestability die and then embossed it - doesn't he just look like he's had a very bad day today!! LOL!!

I used the Cross Hatch background stamp from Stampin Up. I hand cut around the sentiment with my pinking edge scissors. I frayed a piece of grosgrain ribbon by cutting off the bound edges and then ripping down the cross threads with a needle. Then I attached the ribbon to the back of the sentiment. I thought this all added to the feeling of 'Frazzle'! The sentiment is up on dimensionals. I think this is a great color combination!

Since we're on the topic of cats - I thought I'd share with you a few pictures of my two cats, Scout and Boo. They were named for characters in To Kill a Mockingbird (the daughter and the neighbor). The people who had them before us named them - we got them a year and a half ago when they were 2 years old - as the former owners could no longer keep them. They are sisters - Scout is smaller than Boo - and Boo tends to be shy and hides a lot (so aptly named Boo!)

This is Boo - she always extends her left arm out like this - I tell my husband she must have a bad shoulder like he does! She is certainly not frazzled here!

And this is Scout - you can see she is having a terribly distressing day also! We could all take lessons from cats on how to relax - especially the laying in the sun thing they do!

And here they are together for their professional portrait - can't believe I was able to snap this before they jumped away from each other. Boo is in the back and Scout in the front. They mostly ignore each other - or chase each other around the house!
Thanks for coming by my blog today! I'm going to post a bunch of round cards tomorrow - those are kind of fun to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment