Bags and Boxes, Oh My!



As promised yesterday - here are a few bags and boxes I have made.

Can you believe that this bag is only 3 3/4" x 2 5/8" x 1 1/2"? Doesn't it look just like an LL bean bag?? I made this cute little thing for the Dare To Get Dirty challenges held a while back on SCS.

The challenge was to make a box container. I got the pattern out of a book called Paper for All Seasons by Sandra Lounsbury Foose - Watson-Guptill Publications http://www.watsonguptill.com/. I had taken the day off to clean my stamping room and came upon this book and took a glance through it and Eureka - when I saw this I knew that I would make if for the Inside the Box challenge!!

I bought the book several years ago and forget where - but you can find it on Amazon.com for under $10.00 used. It is full of all kinds of neat paper things such as this beach tote.

I used Ballet Blue and Naturals Ivory paper. You need some fast drying glue like Scotch Quick-Dry Adhesive (available at Michaels) and some clothespins to hold things together as they are drying. There are quite a few steps to it - but if you take your time - it's not difficult and the instructions are very clear.





I made these cute little pies from a Pillsbury Recipe found here: I found this link to the recipe on Nicole's blog at Papertrey.

I made these to give to family on Christmas day to take home to enjoy another day. I used my Papertrey set - My Punny Valentine for the labels - and the colors indicate the type of pie - red/apple, blue/blueberry, saffron/apple. I sponged the edges with so saffron ink.

I bought the flat bottom bags from Clearbags.com (they have bags for everything - I buy all my card envelopes from them too - the more you buy the cheaper they are) I just love these little single serving pies and they fit perfectly into these cute bags.

I got the silverfoil cups at Stop and Shop in the housewares aisle where there are other kinds of aluminum pans etc. but they have not had them since - but I found them on line here.


I made this one sheet box for one of the May 2007 VSN challenges on Split coast. We had to use a nautical theme.


You can find Beate's tutorial on SCS for this little box here:

Stamps: wood grain bg - All Night Media, Journey - Limited Edition RS, Freedom Ring - My Sentiments Exactly, Sailboat - unknown
Paper: Creamy Caramel, So Saffron
Ink: basic brown
Accessories: flag sticker, tooth pick, grosgrain stitched ribbon true thyme - SU, dimensional adhesives, circle punch, scalloped oval punch, torn edge scissors, one sheet box pattern



I made this cute little Halloween themed box for another challenge in the Sept 2007 VSN on Split coast - (See how much we learn doing the Virtual Stamping Nights!)

Here is a tutorial on how to make this box from Amy Rysavy.
I tied a really neat Halloween colors fiber through holes on the sides for the handle. This is such a cute box and so easy to make! I'm sure to be making more of these!

Stamps: Web - Northwoods Rubber Stamps, Spider - Stamp of Excellence, Bat - Michaels $1, Splatter - Hampton Arts, Visit the Web - Penny Black
Paper: Vintage Violet
Ink: Vintage Violet, Craft White
Accessories: Sponge, Fibers, foam adhesive, double sided tape, tacky tape



I made this box for a try a New Technique challenge on SCS to make a peek a boo box.
Here is Qbee's great template:
I used a DP for the box and punched some circles to decorate it. I stamped the butterfly from Papertey set Butterfly Kisses on vellum cut it out and folded the wings up for the 3 D effect on the top of the box.
Inside I attached a circle and stamped the sentiment from Papertrey Faux Fibbon set on vellum. I tied a knot in the middle of the ribbon and attached it around the sides of the box. I had a little trouble getting a clean slice for the tab to go into. I didn't put anything in my boxes yet - but will probably put some kind of yummy candy for the recipient!
This is a terrific little pattern - I'll definately be making more of these for many different occasions!
Stamps: Butterfly kisses & Faux Ribbon : Papertrey
Paper: Cameo Coral, Gable green, DP- Bookshelf: American Crafts
Ink: Taken with teal, Noir black: Palette
Accessories: dimensionals, nestabilities, acetate, circle punch, super sticky tape, SU markers, polkadot grosgrain ribbon, Oval punch



This is a Jenn Box (designed by Jenn Balcer) that I made for another SCS challenge.
Here is the tutorial
I love boxes of all kinds so was excited to see this challenge! This is so cute and easy to make!
I used a piece of heavy DP instead of cardstock. I punched the flap with the corner rounder with the guide removed - then punched a piece of white with my lacy corner punch in the same fashion - then punched another corner rounder piece in celery and layered the edges.
I stamped the flower with blue craft ink on the back of the DP which is brown - then colored the petals with white gel pen.
The leaves are real fossil leaves - sort of fragile but I thought they looked good here. I got this neat Bakers Twine by Martha Stewart at Michaels - this is 3 colors tied together - Green - Green and white - Black and white - I thought it would be fun to use instead of the usual ribbons.

Stamps: Flower & Sentiment - Hero Arts
Paper: White, certainly celery, DP- Bohemia: My Minds Eye
Ink: Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue Craft
Accessories: dimensionals, Bakers Twine: Martha Stewart, white gel pen, corner rounder, lace corner punch, sponge, 1/8 hole punch, fossil leaves - Natures Hand Made Papers



Last up for tonight! I made these bags for the Christmas treats I make for my sister, nieces and son every year. This year I filled these with packages of homemade fudge, oatmeal raisin cookies and vanilla rum bundtlette cakes - Yum!! The bags are from clearbags.com and are lined with plastic to protect from any leakage. The label stamps are from Papertrey Holiday Treats set.

Stamps: Papertrey: holiday treats
Paper: Kraft, white
Ink: real red, sahara sand, white craft
Accessories: ribbon, ticket corner punch, slot punch, lined bag
Well - I hope you have enjoyed seeing my bags and boxes and that they inspire you to make a few for the celebrations in your life!
I'd love to hear what you think! Please post a comment by clicking below!
Thanks for stopping by tonight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment