Spring and Fall

I'm sort of skipping right past summer with my cards today -  or forgetting totally what season we are currently in!! LOL!!!

I made these cards as part of the Dare to Get Dirty challenges marathon last week -  we had 35 challenges in all!! Were you playing along too???!!! 

So here are two of them  - both of these cards are made with stamps from Rubbernecker.  First we'll look at Spring - which actually could be summer because they are daisies - but the sentiment has the word 'Spring' in it......
This is the first time I ever tried paper pleating and I love the look!   I took a piece of Coredinations green paper - 12" x 3/4" - and scored it at 3/4", 1", 3/4", 1" repeating to the end of the 12 inches.  Then I folded it on the score lines and it just fit this 5 1/2" card!  I put a piece of Scor Tape along the back to hold the pleats and to adhere it to the card.  I did have to put a glue dot under the first pleat on the left to hold it down.  You could also stitch across the pleats but my sewing machine isn't cooperating lately so I didn't go there!!!

And here's my Fall card:

I used 4 colors of Memento Dew Drop Inks to ink the leaves so they looked like fall.  Then I cut the white panel with an oval Nestability and inked the panel with Mustard Seed and Dried Marigold Distress Inks before taking it out of the die.  Then I layered it to a scallop oval Nestability.  I inked the edges of the patterned papers with the Dried Marigold also.  I added rhinestones to the sentiment and corner.  Don't you love that font on this sentiment??!!

So there we go -  from one season to the next! 

Daisy Card:
Stamps: Rubbernecker - Daisies #506-05, sentiment And Spring Arose... from Garden Phrase Set #508
Paper: white, Text Style Happy Spots - PTI, Asparagas - Coredinations
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: foam tape, scor tape, Scor Pal, rhinestones - Kaiser, Soft Subtles SU Markers, Copics - BG10 

Fall Card:
Stamps: Rubbernecker - branch from Fall Trilogy Set #480, Sentiment from Sentiments #2 - #200-03 
Paper: white, dark chocolate - PTI, DP DCWV Fall Stack 2 
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tangelo, Bamboo Leaves, Potters Clay, Lacy Bug,  Ranger Distress Ink - Dried Marigold, Mustard Seed 
Accessories: oval & scallop oval Nestabilities, rhinestones - Kaiser, Blending tool & nonstick craft sheet - Ranger 

No comments:

Post a Comment