Rubbernecker Release Day! DT Blog Hop! - A Wild Garden

If you are here for my Friends of WMS blog waltz post - please scroll down to the post below!! Thank you!

Today is Rubbernecker Stamps RELEASE DAY!!  WOW, it is here already!  Thank you for joining us, we are so glad you could be a part of the fun!!  Since we had SO much fun last time, with our game .....  How about ANOTHER game?  Our release day FUN this round, will be a WORD SEARCH!! 

All you have to do is travel to EACH of the FABULOUS design team blogs, like usual, and leave them some LOVE!!  However, while you are there, you will pick up a WORD at EACH stop!!  At the end of your journey you will you then leave your ANSWERS on the RUBBERNECKER BLOG!  ONE lucky entry will receive a PRIZE……………………………….

**A $25 RUBBERNECKER STAMPS GIFT CERTIFICATE**
MY WORD IS 
“ Distress”
You will have until THURSDAY  5/19/11 to enter, for we know that everyone is VERY busy!!  You can find the HOP ROUTE below! Thanks again for joining Rubbernecker Stamps for their NEW RELEASE DAY!!! All the new stamps are now available for purchase!!    Hope you enjoy the HOP!!

Today I used two new sets -  from the Wild Garden Dandelion set -  my first card uses Dandelion Garden Border #540-02 and a sentiment from an older set Fall Trilogy #480

Instead of inking the stamp - I colored it with water based markers, spritzed the stamp with water and stamped it on a panel of watercolor paper.  After it dried - I went over the dandelions with my glue pen and dipped it in Dazzling Diamonds.  I punched the centers and added brads.  I tucked the sentiment in the grass so you'd come upon it rather than have it stand out in this tranquil nature scene!  I distressed and sponged the edges, layered the panel to a green panel and then to the black card base.

I hope you can see the shimmer on the dandelions better on this close up?! Click on any pic to see it larger
And for my last card for this release I used the Dandelion Stem Set #540-01
First I embossed a rectangle Nestability on my card.  I stamped the dandelions on a white panel and sponged the colors using round sponge daubers.  I added yellow Stickles to the centers of the flowers and tied a piece of wrinkled seam tape around the panel.  Then I adhered the panel inside the embossed frame using foam tape.

Here's the list of all the DT blogs participating in the Hop today - be sure to leave a comment at each stop!
1st Card:
Stamps:  Rubbernecker - Wild Garden Dandelion Garden Border #540-02, Sentiment 'Dream' from Fall Triology Set #480
Paper:  Watercolor paper - from art store, True Black, Simply Chartreuse - PTI
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Distress Scattered Straw.
Accessories:  Quickie Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds - SU, Markers - Apricot Appeal & Mellow Moss - SU, Mini Mister - Ranger, brads - Basic Grey, crop a dile, blending tool & nonstick craft mat - Inkssentials/Ranger, distresser - Ranger.

2nd Card:
Stamps:  Rubbernecker - Wild Garden Dandelion Stem Set #540-01
Paper:  White - PTI
Ink:  Memento - Tuxedo Black, Summer Sky, Cantaloupe, Bamboo Leaves
Accessories:  Foam tape, wrinkled seam tape, rectangle Nestabilities, yellow Stickles, sponge daubers - SU

No comments:

Post a Comment