Friends of Waltzingmouse April Blog Waltz - Easter

Today I'm participating in the Friends of Waltzingmouse Blog Waltz taking place in the Playroom of the WMS forum. You can check out all the details here. This month's theme is Easter!

My Easter project is a little paper nest I made with a scalloped circle, filled with little strips of cardstock, yummy Cadbury Eggs topped with a little bird and a message for the receiver!  The sentiment is from Spring Baskets.

I found instructions and a video tutorial for this sweet little nest on qbees blog here.

Basically, you cut a large scalloped circle (mine is 4" diameter), emboss it with an embossing folder (I used my Tim Holtz Checkerboard folder), glue a 1 3/4" circle of cardstock in the center, cut to the circle every 5th scallop ( I cut some every 5th and some every 6th as my circle was a different size than qbees but it didn't seem to matter!), run some Tombow glue along the edge, overlap the cut edges matching the scallops at the top, and hold 5 seconds till it sticks!

To make the nesting material you just cut really thin strips 5" long cardstock, curl them on your finger and put them in the nest!

Wouldn't these look sweet on your table for Easter Dinner??!!  

I actually made mine to sell at an Easter Sale at my church so I bagged them up in flat bottom clear bags with a little basket shred under the nest.  I folded down the top, punched two holes and tied wrinkled seam tape through the holes.  Then I attached my little bird with his message above the ribbon using score tape to be sure it stayed on.  (it's so hard to get a good pic of a clear shiny bag!)


There's a contest going on in the April Blog Waltz Chat thread in the Playroom over at the WMS Forum - so be sure to check out how you can win!

Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Spring Baskets
Paper:  Close to Cocoa, Cool Carribean - SU, White - PTI
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Distress Mustard Seed
Accessories:  jewel - Artesian Pool Bazzill Basics, cropadile, modern label punch + 1 3/4" circle punch - SU, clear flat bottom bags - clearbags.com, Sizzix Tim Holtz Checkerboard Embossing folder, nested birds + scalloped circles - Nestabilities, foam tape, yellow basket shred - Michaels, Scor tape, Cadbury Mini Eggs, wrinkled seam tape - Prairie Bird Boutique Etsy Shop, Tombow glue.

No comments:

Post a Comment