A gift for the Pastor

Our new minister has been at our church for just 6 months so this is his first Christmas with us. I wanted to give him something other than baked goods or wine (!) and I thought some note cards might be nice.

I saw a card in blogland using the stamps on this first card but I didn't note where I found it - so if it's your card please let me know and I'll link to you!

I used rustic cream cardstock from PTI to make it masculine and also drew a border around the card with an 01 Micron Pen. The floral is from Life and the quote is from Out on a Limb Sentiments - both by PTI.

For my next 2 designs I used crosses from the Spellbinders Cross Collection - sponging them before taking them out of the die. I used Soft Stone card stock from PTI for the crosses for a little contrast in color. I used Ranger Distress Antique Linen ink for the sponging.
The Bible Verses are both from Everyday Blessings by PTI.

For my 4th card for this note set I used a cross from Everyday Blessings by PTI and a Bible verse from Beautiful Scriptures by Clear Dollar Stamps.

I bundled the 8 cards and envelopes (2 of each design) into a clear box that I tied with a simple narrow silk ribbon from PTI. I made a tag using a scalloped tag Spellbinders die, added a couple of punched ferns and the sentiment from Wordsworth

Here's a close up of the tag - I silver embossed my Victorian Damask stamp by Rubbernecker onto silver cardstock.

I hope he likes them!
Remember to check out the final days of the Waltzingmouse 12 Days of Christmas - today Mona has something to inspire us and Friday Joan will be posting something fun!

And I hope you'll check back on Saturday for the Waltzingmouse Sketch!

ETA: check out PSA Stamp Camp Blog - Libby is offering a free stamp set to one lucky commenter!

No comments:

Post a Comment