Speedy the Cats' Friends Challenge - #17 Harvest Theme

Well, it's Saturday and that means it's time for another Speedy the Cats' Friends Challenge - this week Geri challenged us to make a card with a harvest theme - colors, fruit or flowers!

The Apples & Camellia set by Marks Finest Papers is just perfect for this challenge today. I inked the large apple in this set using Memento Dew drop ink pads which allowed me to color each section as I wanted - brown stem, green vine and red apple. There is actually a little butterfly on the stamp that I inked in peach - but then decided to put a punched butterfly there for a little dimension.
I sponged all my edges with Ranger Tea Dye and Mustard Seed inks. I embossed the frame on the card and adhered a piece of ribbon around the center of it. I stamped the image on a piece of CS, cut it out with a square Nestability die, sponged it and layered it over the embossed frame using foam dimensionals. Then I popped the little charm under the corner.

How will you use the harvest theme on a card this week!?! Come on over to Marks Finest Papers Blog and link your card there. You could win an MFP stamp set!! There will be a winner for every 50 entries!

If you load your card on Split Coast please use Speedys Friends in your keywords.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Stamps: Marks Finest Papers - Apples & Camellia

Paper: Vintage Cream - PTI, Peach - MFP

Ink: Ranger Distress Ink - Mustard Seed, Tea Dye, Memento - Tuxedo Black, Cottage Ivy, Rhubarb Stalk, Rich Cocoa

Accessories: Ribbon & Charm - MFP, glue dots, square nestabilities, foam dimensionals, Butterfly punch - Martha Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment