Mahalo (Thank You) for Summer

Here is my Clean and Simple card for this weeks CAS challenge over on Split Coast which was 'Think Summer'.

What should have been a simple no layer card done quickly turned into a simple no layer card being stamped 3 times! The first time I got a smudge of blue sky on the sand and on the 2nd try I got a streak of black in the sky from the sentiment - Yikes!!! Then my Chai ink cube dried up and so the 'sand' on this third rendition looks much darker than the first two.

So here it is - a sunny day at the beach! I punched a circle for a stencil and sponged the sun, then I covered the sun with the circle and cut a curvy mask with Eclipse tape to sponge the sky in two colors of blue. Then I inked the beach with a cube ink pad direct to paper to give it a little texture from the lines of the cube. My surf board and sentiment stamps are from Waltzingmouse Stamps . Mahalo is 'thank you' in Hawaiian.

Mahalo for finally letting me finish this card without a smudge on it!!

Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps - Free Spirit - Boy, Free Spirit Sentiments
Paper: White - PTI
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Chai Ink Cube - PTI, Apricot appeal, Baja Breeze, Soft Sky - SU, Adirondack Watermelon & Raisin
Accessories: sponge, Eclipse Masking tape, circle punch

No comments:

Post a Comment