An Awesome Son

Happy Memorial Day to everyone who lives in the US! Today we remember and thank all those who have served or lost their lives in the Military Service protecting our country and it's freedoms. ETA: sorry - I'm two days ahead of myself with celebrating Memorial Day! It's the 31st of course - but our town parade is held on Saturday - so I get confused !! LOL!!! and actually we celebrate the whole long-weekend I guess depending on when people have cookouts etc!!
The inspiration challenge today on Split Coast was the Crate & Barrel web site store. I wanted to make something patriotic so I searched the site for 'stars' and found these fun cup cake holders.
And here's the card I created from that inspiration.

I used my Fiskars Crimper to simulate the ridges in the cupcake holders. I thought these wonderful blooms looked a lot like fireworks when stamped randomly on the panel.
Here's what I put on the inside of my card today. My sentiments are from the set Free Spirit-Sentiments from Waltzingmouse.
This card will go to my son who served in the US Army for 6 years. And I am so proud of him for serving his country.
My card also fits Sharon's Friday Stamp Simply challenge - to use the colors of your countrys' flag on your card.
And here is a picture of our friend Steve, who is a member of a military reenactment group. Today he marched in our town's Memorial Day Parade in his Civil War uniform - and then he stationed himself in the Civil War section of our town cemetary during the services there.

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Big Blooms, Free Spirit-Sentiments
Paper: white, enchanted evening, pure poppy - PTI
Ink: Enchanged evening, pure poppy - PTI
Accessories: sponge, red twill, curly label & designer label - SU, foam dimensionals, crimper - Fiskars, lge star punch - Fiskars, small star punch - McGill

No comments:

Post a Comment