An Orange Spring!

I very rarely, if ever (!), use orange - but that was the Ways to Use It challenge on Split Coast this week - and I guess that's what challenges are for right??!! to make you do something you don't usually do!

And it sure does pack a punch doesn't it?!?!

I made one of these wonderful layered flowers with an orange flowered DP from PTI. After I got the flower together I realized that the white on the back of the DP showed here and there so I sponged it a little with orange ink.


I dry embossed a nestie frame in the middle of the panel then embossed this pretty basket from the Spring Baskets set by Waltzingmouse Stamps using white embossing powder.

I clustered the sticky pearls in the corners then connected them with a white gel pen. I sponged the edges and over the embossed frame a little with tea dye distress ink just to tone it down a little bit.

This is also for an inspiration challenge I found over at the Stamping Around blog. I was inspired by the basket of pretty roses.


Are you planning on joining in on the Waltzingmouse Blog hop on Monday? If you are - hop on over right now to sign up on Mr. Linky!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps - Spring Baskets
Paper: white, orange zest, DP In Bloom - PTI
Ink: memento Tuxedo black, Adirondack sunset orange, Ranger tea dye distress ink
Accessories: sponge, Labels Eight Nestabilities, white EP, hot gun, piercing tool, glue dots, Copic YR07, rhinestone stickers, scallop circle punch - SU

No comments:

Post a Comment