Black Magic Thistle


Karen Barber was the Featured Stamper over on Split Coast today. Her forte is creating beautiful cards using the Black Magic Technique. I had been wanting to try this technique but never seemed to find the time. So today I found the time! I came no where near to the beautiful art she creates but for my first try I was happy with it. (click on the image to see a close up of the thistle)

I chose her Fast Black Magic card to CASE. I thought this pretty thistle from the Celtic Heritage set by Waltzingmouse Stamps would work perfectly with Karen's pretty card design. I changed the colors, the stamp, added a sentiment, used a different edge punch, and made a knot instead of a bow on my ribbon.

Karen has a tutorial for this technique on her blog here.

Thanks for stopping by today! My vacation is over and it's back to work for me tomorrow :(
Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Celtic Heritage
Paper: White, Plum Pudding - PTI, Basic Black - SU
Ink: White Craft Ink - SU, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Oval nestabilities, argyle cuttlebug folder, cuttlebug, white gel pen, Koh-I-Noor woodless colour pencils, EK success edge punch, saddle stitched Plum Pudding ribbon - PTI, small oval punch - SU, foam dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment