Plaid and a Button


I made my Thanksgiving Table decorations for two Split Coast challenges today - The Color Challenge (always artichoke, real red, chocolate chip and a neutral) and the Doubledog Dare Challenge I do with some friends where this weeks hostess Anne Harada (Itsapassion) challenged us to use plaid and a button on our card/project!

Of course I immediately thought of my Waltzingmouse plaid stamp from Off Beat Backgrounds. I stamped it with artichoke and chocolate chip. The base is cut with Labels Eight Nestability and the plaid panel is cut with Labels Four. This would make a pretty place card by adding the name of your guests or it would look nice just as it is on the table!

I also made a napkin ring using the same design. I just added a strip of card stock to wrap around the napkin.
I always get out the nice linen napkins inherited from my aunt and mother and pretty sterling silver for Thanksgiving and Christmas!
I colored the leaf stamp from Peace & Plenty with Copics, did some fussy cutting and layered it onto the plaid panel with foam dimensionals after curling the leaves on my fingers a bit. I tied some twine through the buttons and frayed the ends for more dimension.

Thanks for coming by today!

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Peace & Plenty, Off Beat Backgrounds
Paper: Always Artichoke - SU, Vintage Cream - PTI
Ink: Chai - PTI, Memento Tuxedo Black, Always Artichoke & Chocolate Chip - SU
Accessories: Ribbon Tag Trio - Spellbinders, Labels Four & Labels Eight - Nestabilities, foam dimensionals, Scor Tape, Glue Dots, Vintage Buttons - PTI, Pure poppy twill - PTI, Twine - PTI, Copics: YR07, R29, E33, E59, BG96

No comments:

Post a Comment