A Plum of a Thanksgiving

We are going to my husband's brother's in Vermont for Thanksgiving this year and I wanted to bring along some thank you gifts. I bought this plain glass bottle Warm Apple Pie Fragrance Diffuser thinking that I would decorate it somehow. Today's Ways to Use It challenge on Split Coast was to use purple on a project and the Moxie Fab World challenge this week is to Capture the Essence of Plum so these two challenges were my inspiration for my decorating colors. I colored this wonderful fruit image by Waltzingmouse Stamps with Prismacolor Watercolor Pencils and Gamsol, cut it with an oval Nestability and layered it to a scalloped oval Nestability. I wrapped a band of dotted designer paper around the bottle that I punched with an EK Success scalloped lacey punch. I layered a piece of Plum Pudding satin ribbon over the band.

I tied a piece of Plum Pudding saddle stitched ribbon arond the neck of the bottle. The sentiment, also from the Peace & Plenty Waltzingmouse set, is punched with a Labels Trio Spellbinders die. To give the image a little dimension - I attached a few dew drops to the grapes and the pumpkin.
I think this will look quite decorative on a side table for the Thanksgiving season don't you? ..... and it smells like apple pie - what more could you want!?!

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Peace and Plenty
Paper: white, plum pudding - PTI
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Plum Pudding - PTI
Accessories: sponge, Prismacolor Watercolor Pencils, Gamsol, oval & Scalloped oval nestabilities, tag trio Spellbinders, Satin & Saddlestitched Plum Pudding Ribbon - PTI, scalloped EK Success punch, scor tape, dew drops, foam dimensionals, glue dots, Frangrance Diffuser.

No comments:

Post a Comment