A Chilling Color Resist!

My card today is for two challenges - the color challenge on Split Coast and the Doubledog Dare Challenge I do with some Split Coast Friends - last week Hostess Charlene asked us to use crayon resist on our card.

You can find the tutorial for crayon resist in the resources over at Split Coast here

First I stamped this great skull image from the Stampin Up set called From the Crypt with black ink on glossy white paper -I let it dry (actually hot gunned it dry!) - then colored the skull with a white crayon. Next I sponged over the image using bravo burgandy and so saffron inks. I wiped the image with a paper towel and it stayed white where the crayon had been colored. I apparently missed a few areas on the skull with my crayon and it got colored burgandy - but I like how that came out!

The framings are cut with the Labels 3 Nestabilities and the background spider web is a Cuttlebug Folder.

You can find the Doubledog Dare Challenges in the Split Coast forum here or on my sidebar.

Inside my card I stamped this very fun witch and BOO! from the Waltzingmouse Stamp set called Halloween Party.


Thank you so much for stopping by today!

I'm teaching a class over at The Papertree in Manchester, NH tomorrow morning so I've been busy preparing the materials for that. I always have such a great time there with all my stamping friends - and owner, Michelle, is just a blast to be around - not to mention how fun her store is - she's got all the new stamps and papers!! If you are ever in the Manchester, NH area - be sure to stop by there.

AND - I'll be revealing some exciting news I've been dying to tell you for a month or so coming up on my blog on Tuesday 9/29 so be sure to come by for that!!
Stamps: SU: From the Crypt
Paper: Bravo burgandy, Basic Black, Glossy Paper: SU, Summer Sunrise: PTI,
Ink: Bravo Burgandy, So Saffron: SU, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Sponge, foam dimensionals, labels 3 Nestabilities, Spider Web Cuttlebug Folder, white crayon

No comments:

Post a Comment