Judge Not!

I made this 6x6 page for Lesson 16 in the His Holy Name challenges that I do every other Sunday over on Split Coast. I'm one lesson behind so I was glad to find some time to create today!

God's attribute for this week was Judge. I found this to be a slightly scary attribute - none of us want to be judged - especially if we think we might be found lacking! But as James tells us in this verse - God is the only one that has the right to judge - and we need to remember that when we try to judge others or put ourselves above others - that's what I learned from my study on this attribute. A hard lesson to put into practice I think!

I used fanciful papers by Cosmo Cricket on my page to try and lighten the feeling of the attribute - but used a black inverted scalloped square Nestability to frame my verse as a pointed reminder that we are, in fact, being judged all the time by God - so we'd better think about what we are doing!
After I got it together I thought it looked like a cross behind there - an unplanned design bonus!

The felt buttons are from Taylored Expressions and the real buttons are PTI.

I'm so glad you came by today!!

Stamps: Karen Foster Snap Stamps
Paper: Vintage cream: PTI, Basic black, close to cocoa: SU, DP Cosmo Cricket - Earth Love
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Computer generated verse, foam dimensionals,glue dots, twine: PTI, vintage buttons: PTI, felt buttons: Taylored Expressions, Labels Two & Classic inverted scalloped squares Nestabilities, chipboard stickers: Basic Grey, modern label punch: SU

No comments:

Post a Comment