Three Awards and an Inspiring Fireplace

I am so late in acknowledging these wonderful awards bestowed upon me by some of my blogging friends - there just aren't enough hours in the day!

I received this "I Like Your Style" award from my good friend Anne Harada

This Honest Scrap award was given to me by Krazykropper


the rules for this award are:
1) Acknowledge the person who gave you the award
2) List 10 honest things about yourself
3) Put the Honest logo on your blog
4) select 7 other worthy bloggers to receive the award and list their links.
So I can at least tell you 10 honest things about myself:

1. I'm tall - I was 5'8" in 7th grade and hated it as I was taller then most of the boys at that age. Now that I've finally accepted my height - I'm shrinking - due to #2 below.
2. I'm getting old! I remember when the Miss America's were all WAY older than me - now they are younger than my son!
3. I am totally addicted to stamping - I'd rather stamp than go out to a movie, visit friends, or go for a walk on a sunny day - I'm currently seeking therapy for this addiciton LOL!!!
4. I love my DH and I'm so thankful that I met and married him 12 years ago after being a single mum for 20 years.
5. I'm thankful that God loves me and I find the older I get - the more I seek knowledge of Him and what he wants to teach me - and for that I am very grateful.
6. Contrary to my statement in #3 - I do love to be out in the yard gardening, or on the river kayaking, or in the woods snowshoeing!
7. I am always trying to practice good eating habits (ie dieting!) and sometimes I do better than others.
8. I love cutting flowers from my gardens and having them all over my house. This goes along with #6 above.
9. I love pizza and chips - and hot fudge Sundaes which is in direct contradiction with #7 above.
10. I am so thankful that I have met all of you wonderful blogging friends and I appreciate all I learn from your creative efforts!

I received this fun Lemonade Award from My Muse way back in April (I'm so bad!)


I'm afraid I'm just going to post these here for now - most of my blogging friends have already gotten awards from their other friends! Everyone that comes here to visit me deserves these - so please feel free to take one for yourself!!

And now I'll share a card I made Saturday for the Inspiration challenge on Split Coast. We were getting packed for vacation and I just 'took a peek' at the challenge and of course, got hooked and just had to make a card before leaving (Yes honey - I'm almost done packing - I'll be right there!!!) LOL!!
I used this fireplace view of the Better Homes and Gardens living room that Lori showed us for my inspiration.

I thought the tree Basic Grey Designer paper could represent the tile surround and I used PTI polka dot designer paper for the firebox itself. I stamped the potted flowers by Inkadinkado twice, cut out the blooms on one and layered it over the first stamping with foam dimensionals.

I have two gray kitties and I just love this tiny cat that's part of the new PTI set On My Couch Additions - so I just added that onto the sentiment with a foam dimensional.

Thanks so much for checking in with me today - hope you are inspired to go make a card too!

Stamps: Flower: Inkadinkado, Sentiment: In Bloom: PTI, Cat - On my couch additions: PTI
Paper: White: PTI, DP Bitty Dot basics - PTI, Basic Grey Off Beat
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Smokey Shadow: PTI
Accessories: tags 5 Spellbinders, foam dimensionals, copics: R32, YG63, Y06, RV06, E34

No comments:

Post a Comment