Christmas Crackers

I'm on vacation and don't have any stamping stuff with me (gasp!!!) but I will be posting a few fun stamped crafts that I've made recently so be sure to check back!

I found a great tutorial for these cute Animal Cracker boxes on Tracy Harp's blog. She shows several different samples to inspire you! I made mine with PTI Berry Sorbet card stock and Christmasey Amuse papers.

I filled them with frosted candy cane sugar cookies that I made from a mix and colored with red food coloring. I used a giant brad from American Crafts that you slip the cover behind to hold it closed.

I used my oval Coluzzle to cut the window and then used the cut out oval for the tag. A piece of acetate is attached behind the cut out. I hung my tag around the ribbon handle using a chain by Tandy Leather that I got at Michaels in the jewelry section. I stamped the tag with an Amuse stamp called "Santa's Cookies" of a fun plate of cookies and a mug with a note that says 'For Santa' on it. I couldn't find it on the AMUSE site so it may be last years stamp (?). I doodled around the edges of the tag with a black Micro marker.

Note: I think you could use an oval punch for the window instead of the Coluzzle if it's strong enough to go through 2 layers of paper - but the box panel is too wide to use a Nestability oval with the Cuttlebug.

My handles are made with PTI Twill in Berry Sorbet and Vintage Cream. You punch a hole in the side panels - add eyelets and knot the ribbon on each end on the inside.

Wouldn't this be a fun way to leave cookies for Santa on Christmas Eve? Actually - it's a fun box to give treats to anyone for the holidays or any time!!

Thanks for coming by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment