Sometimes Prayer is the Only Gift We Can Give

A quick Note! They have extended the deadline to sign up for the Stamping Around Weekend in Farmington CT - so if you want to get in on this super fun stamping weekend see more info and sign up here!


I made this little book of Bible Verses to give to an Interim Assistant Pastor who is leaving our church this Sunday. During his year with us he ran a weekly Bible Study group that I particpated in. I wanted to give him something to remind him of our spiritual time together - so I found verses about prayer as well as discerning God's path for us. He is semi retiring and looking for a part time pastor position in VA where his family is from so he really doesn't know what will happen next for him and his wife.

Phillippians 1:25 Romans 12:2 (click on pic to see larger)

2 Corinthians 1:11 Psalm 16:8-9

James 5:16 Psalm 139: 3, 5-7, 9-10

Psalm 119:2 Psalm 32:8


And this is a picture of our church (that my father drew for the church many years ago so it's really special to me) that I put on the last page so Fr. Charles will remember his time with us whenever he takes out this little book.

I cut out the pages from cardboard with the Top Note die from Stampin Up - then cut out pieces of designer paper with the same die and attached it to all of the cardboard pages - front and back. The verses are computer generated and printed onto Vintage Cream. I cut them out and attached them over the designer paper. I punched holes in the top left corner of each page with my Crop a Dile and put a silver chain through the holes. You could add flowers or other accessories to each page as well as the cover - but I wanted the verses to be the focus so I left it all plain. I think the designer paper has enough color and design on it to make it nice to look at. The cover stamp is by The Stamp Pad Co and I used Labels One Nestabilities to frame it.
I'm teaching two classes at the Paper Tree in Manchester, NH Saturday - and Sunday we're having the farewell party for Fr. Charles and his wife Debbie - then I have an 8 year old's birthday party to attend - so I may not be back until Monday unless I can slip in a little stamping time! Have a super weekend everyone - and thanks so much for stopping by -
remember to check out Stamping Around if you are in the Connecticut/New England area!

Stamps: The Stamp Pad Co.
Paper: PTI: vintage cream,
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: SU: Top Note Die, Tandy Leather: chain, Crop a Dile, Nestabilities: Labels One, computer generated verses.

No comments:

Post a Comment