Papertrey Ink June Blog Hop - A Quilted Summer

I'm so excited to be participating in the Papertrey Blog Hop this month! A first for me! We had to create a card or project inspired by the lazy days of summer and show a picture of where our inspiration came from.

Well - this picture from the Pottery Barn July 2009 catalogue really caught my eye. It reminded me of my childhood summers when my parents would let my sister and me sleep on our screened in porch where it was cooler at night. Of course we had camp cots and sleeping bags... but it was the same cozy feeling as these wonderful quilts.
And here are four 'quilt' cards that I created from this inspiration.
I wanted to share with you a little bit of how I put these together. First I made a full sheet of 'quilt' using the Guide Lines paper and Guide Lines Two stamp set and many different colors of Papertrey Ink.! I stamped each design 14 times in the same color randomly around the blocks until the page was filled.
Then I cut them up into rectangles so they were like little quilts. I got 4 out of the sheet so I made 4 cards! I wanted them to be a little antique looking so I used the Camomile tea dye ink on the edges and then daubed it all over each "quilt". Here you can hopefully see them plain, edged, and daubed all over. I also cut around the edges with deckled edge scissors.
Here is a close up of each card. I ran each 'quilt' through my crimper and I used a corner rounder punch on the Bitty Dots designer paper behind each quilt. I pierced around the edges of the Rustic Cream card stock. I went over the grid lines with a light gray Copic to give each square a little definition. The sentiments are from Quilter's Sampler and Quilter's Sampler Sentiments.

These are all very Mish Wooderson-esque dont you think??? Thanks for stopping by today!

Stamps: PTI: Guide Lines Two, Quilters Sampler Sentiments, Quilters Sampler
Paper: PTI: Lavender Moon, Rustic Cream, Guide Lines, DP Bitty Dots Basics.
Ink: PTI: Hibiscus, Ocean Tides, Summer Sunrise, Plum Pudding, Spring Rain, Lemon Tart, Berry Sorbet, Aqua Mist, Raspberry Fizz, Tsukeniko: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: McGill: heart punch, Spellbinders: Deckled mega rectangle Nestabilities, SU: Deckled edge scissors, piercing tool, pad and grid, Fiskars: Crimper, PTI: Dotted swiss satin ribbons - Summer Sunrise, Lavender Moon, Aqua Mist, Berry Sorbet, Copics: C1, Zutter: 1/4" corner rounder,

No comments:

Post a Comment