Take Time for Tea

First - just let me say that the pink paper on this photo is MUCH brighter in this photo than IRL - the hazzards of taking pictures at night - which I always have to do since I have to make my cards after work - IRL this looks very calm and serene with just a little punch from the pink! Maybe I need to invest in a new camera - mine is several years old now. I'll have to stop buying stamps for a while so I can afford it - Yikes!

So after that disclaimer - I made this card for today's sketch challenge on Split Coast as well as the weekly Doubledog Dare Challenge I do with some SCS friends.

Charlene (LilLuvsStampin on SCS) challenged us to use paper piecing, paper piercing and the colors Kraft, Rose, Black and Sage (optional) After I got this all done and posted I suddenly thought I'm not sure if stamping the teapot on designer paper and cutting it out counts as paper piecing - it's all one piece. AACCH!!! Hopefully it will pass and the challenge police won't disqualify me !! LOL!!

I used the wonderful Tea for Two set from Papertrey for this card although the little teabag stamped on the pot (isn't it sweet!?! it has a little heart on it - I think if you click on the picture you can see it enlarged and get a better view) is from the Everyday Classics set that was given free to people who ordered a certain amount from PTI last year.

You're welcome to join in on the Doubledog challenges - just use the Keyword DDC when you load your card on Splitcoast so we can see it! You can see all the Doubledog cards here.

Stamps: Tea for Two, Everyday Classics: PTI
Paper: Kraft, Sage Shadow: SU, DP Text style 2008 Bitty Dot Basics: PTI
Ink: memento tuxedo black
Accessories: paper piercer, grid and mat: SU, foam dimensionals, heart punch: McGill, glue pen, xacto knife

No comments:

Post a Comment