Ninety & 100

2nd ETA: I did add the E to Ninety on my card - I guess I had a brain slip when I was stamping out the letters!!! It looks much better with the E! Duh.....

Wow - it's so good to be back stamping! Did you miss me???!!! Or maybe you didn't realize I was gone for a few days?!?! LOL!

Well - my cards today were made with 2 purposes in mind. First- I wanted to do the Featured Stamper challenge at Splitcoast. Today's FS was Kathy (Wattle) and I chose this card of her's to case. I changed the colors (made mine feminine) and used Labels One for my framings, and made it square.

I read on Amy Tsuruta 's blog about her friend Amy in Canada - who is trying to gather cards for two ladies she knows. Bea is turning 100 years old in Sept and the Mary is turning 90 in Nov and she wants to gather 100 and 90 cards respectively. So I thought I'd help her along by sending one for each lady. The card I chose today in Kathy's gallery gave me the push to get my cards done!

I've had the Headline Alphabet Stamps from Stampin Up (retired) for ever - and I think I've only used them once before - so I was glad to have a reason to ink them up. And I added pearls to the corners because every young lady needs to have her pearls on for her birthday - don't you agree!?!? ETA: I thought that you could spell 90 either ninty or ninety - and I left off the 'e' for spacing issues - but in looking at it - it now seems like I should add the 'e'! what do you think? I can change it before I mail it!!!

If you'd like to make cards for Bea and Mary too please send me an e-mail julia.aston@comcast.net and I'll be happy to e-mail you Amy's address for you to send them to.

DH and I went kayaking in the surprising 80 degree weather here today! We just got our kayaks at LL Bean a couple of weeks ago and were excited to be able to use them so early in the season. We have a little river that goes through our town so we just had to travel about a mile from our house to get in a nice ride today. Here is a pic of DH Kent that I took from my kayak - I had my camera in a special waterproof bag and took the pic right through the bag! ... so it's not as clear as it would be normally - but I think it came out pretty good considering!

Thanks for stopping by today!
Stamps: Headline Alphabet: SU, Mega Mixed Messages: PTI

Paper: White, Lavender Moon, Plum Pudding: PTI, DP Wisteria Basic Grey

Ink: Eggplant Adirondack, Lavender Moon: PTI

Accessories: Narrow rectangle Nestabilities, labels One Nestabilities, Paper Piercer, Textile Cuttlebug folder, cuttlebug, foam dimensionals, Crystal Sticker Pearls, Lavender Moon Luxe Satin Ribbon - PTI

No comments:

Post a Comment