H&M Blog Hop - A Mother's Day Inspiration

I'm so excited to be part of the H&M Blog Hop today! All the DT members are creating either a Mother's Day or Wedding project to inspire you!

The hop starts with ~Carolina so if you just came in through me - start over there! (but be sure to come back!!)

For my Mother's Day project - I decorated this lovely little oval wooden box (4 3/4 L x 3 1/2 W x 2 1/2 H) that I purchased at Michael's for $1.00 and covered with this pretty designer paper (Deja Views - Dandelion Geo). I used my Nestability Labels Four to cut the panels behind the flowers. I stamped two different flowers, cut them out and layered them, curling the edges of the top flower to give it some dimension. I added a velvet brad to the center.
I glued a piece of Spring Rain (Papertrey Ink) grosgrain ribbon around the rim of the box. I love how the colors all coordinated so well!

The flowers and sentiment stamps are from the gorgeous H&M stamp set designed by Debbie Corbari called Petals of Friendship.

Inside I tucked a cute little pedicure set that I found at our local Five Below discount store as well as two wrapped chocolates (always need some of that right?!?!?) I figure mum should soak her feet and relax on her day and then she'll need some tools to pretty them up! Look how nicely it all fit inside here!

I designed my card to match the little box using this weeks sketch from Card Positioning Systems
I used the narrow rectangle, square, and Labels One Nestabilities on the card. I attached square silver brads to the ribbons. Otherwise the materials are the same as I used on the box.

Now please hop on over to visit~Melissa to see what wonderful ideas she has to wow you with!! If you lose your way - all of the DT members are listed on my sidebar.

Thanks so much for coming on our blog hop! Please be sure to leave comments along the way letting us know if you have been inspired by our creations!

Stamps: Petals of Friendship: H&M Stamps
Paper: White, Spring Rain:PTI, DP: Deja Views - Dandelion Geo
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Spring Rain: PTI
Accessories: oval wooden box: Michaels, foam dimensionals, Spring Rain grosgrain ribbon: PTI, sponge, Labels Four, Labels One, Narrow Rectangle Nesabilities, scalloped square Nestabilities, Velvet Brads: Making Memories, Rhinestone Stickers, silver square brads, glue dots,Mini Pocket Pedicure Set (Five Below), chocolates, White paper basket Shred: Michaels, Skotch Quick Dry Adhesive.

No comments:

Post a Comment