Simple Hope

I made this card with no layers - all the stamping was done directly on the card stock. The only addition was a knotted twill ribbon around the top of the card. When I first started card stamping this was the only kind of card I knew how to make - and then gradually as I saw more and more cards on Split Coast - I began learning how to add layers until suddenly I found it really difficult to NOT add them!

But todays Limited Supplies challenge on Split Coast was to make a clean and simple card (CAS) and it brought me back to my roots! After I got over the initial shock of one layer I enjoyed the great simplicity of it. You can view a whole gallery of simple cards here.

I used the With Sympathy stamp set from Papertrey Ink and 4 colors of ink. I actually made 7 cards of this design in the time it might usually take me to design and put together just one layered card. I ran out of the lavender twill after 6 cards so I used Spring Rain on the last one - Look how a different color ribbon can change the whole look of a card - I think the blue ribbon makes the blue butterfly pop a little more - what do you think??

Happy Friday night everyone - are you all going to be watching Football on Sunday!?!? We are - even though our Patriots didn't make it to the Superbowl this year!

Stamps: With Sympathy: PTI
Paper: White: PTI
Ink: True black & Lavender Moon: PTI, Landscape: Pallette, Cloudy Blue: Adirondack
Accessories: lavender moon & Spring Rain twill ribbon: PTI

No comments:

Post a Comment