A Ballet CD Dare

First - please check out my blog candy post here - you have until Friday 10/17 to enter!

I made this project for the color challenge on Split Coast and the Double Dare Challenge I do with a group of SCS friends each week. I was the hostess this week and my challenge was to make a CD case using the SCS tutorial by Cindy Lyles seen here:

This was so simple and fun. The color challenge (Pink Pirouette, Basic Black, white) made me immediately think of ballet - both the word and the color! I used this pretty little dancer from the H&M set - Livin' the Girls Life. I colored her with inks and my aquabrush and added gems and pearls. I punched the butterflies and added gems there too.The sentiment is cut with a Spellbinders ribbon tag and the pretty satin ribbon is Papertrey Ink.

I know when I was young and taking Ballet lessons - we were given little records of the songs we danced to - so I'm thinking today's little ballerina might have a CD of their music. So here is a fun little case for her to keep it in!

I decorated the back opening with some Pink Pirouette cardstock punched with the Fiskars Threading water punch and another piece of the pretty satin ribbon. You use a piece of Velcro to keep it closed.
Heather has reduced all the prices on her stamps - so be sure to go over and take a look.
Check here to see the other girls Double Dare entries.
Thanks for coming by today - I hope you try making one of these CD cases - let me know if you do!

Stamps: H&M Livin the Girls Life
Paper: Basic Black, Pink Pirouette: SU, White: PTI, DP: Pink Patterns collection: PTI
Ink: Onyx Black Versafine, Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink
Accessories: aquabrush, spell binders Ribbon Tag Trio, Sweet Blush Satin Ribbon: PTI, gems, pearls, copics, butterfly punch: Martha Stewart, Fiskars Threading Water punch, velcro

No comments:

Post a Comment