Celebrating the Journey and A Puzzling Thing

I have two things to share with you today - First we were given this sketch over on Split Coast

And here is my card using that sketch -
I used 3 different travel themed designer paper for my panels and paper pieced the dress with one of them also. Just in case you don't know what paper piecing is - you stamp the image - then stamp it again on some designer paper - in this case I stamped the dress area - I cut out the dress from the designer paper and attached it over the image. This traveling lady is from a stamp set called Going Places by My Favorite Things.


The sentiment is cut with a Spellbinders Tag Trio, embossed and up on foam dimensionals. I added a metal filigree thingy (that I purchased last week at the Antiques Fair I went to in Brimfield, MA) and a wooden leaf button in the corners. I colored my image with Prismacolor markers and a flesh copic. This card is going postal tomorrow morning to my friend who is definately celebrating her journey!

Stamps: Going Places: My Favorite Things
Paper: Vintage cream: PTI, Basic Black: SU, DP : Autumn Leaves Stack
Ink: Onyx Black Versafine
Accessories: glue dots, foam dimensionals, Prismacolor markers, Copics, wooden button, metal filigree, Spell Binders Tag Trio, Cuttlebug


My second offering today is this fun puzzle piece that I decorated. My brother-in-law and his wife have retired to Killington, VT and are involved with many social groups there. This month the The Killington Arts Guild is running a fun activity where they passed out these puzzle pieces for people to decorate - they measure about 20" x 20". They will display them and auction them off to make money for the Arts Guild programs. So knowing that I stamp and do other crafts - Carol asked me if I'd be interested in decorating one and I said "sure"! Of course then I had to think of something creative to do!!

So I came up with this idea of highlighting the New England States using old time post cards for each state and a couple of old time travel posters as well - one for winter and one for summer. And of course I had to use a ski one being in Killington and all! These images come from a Dover CD Rom & Book called Old Time Travel Posters and Luggage Labels. I just printed what I wanted on card stock and cut them out using photo edge scissors. I mounted them to the designer paper with foam dimensionals so they stick up a little. I used 3 fun designer papers from Cosmo Cricket called Mr. Campy to cover the puzzle piece - as well as some stickers that are also Mr. Campy. I sponged around the edges with Close to Cocoa ink.
So if you are in the Killington, VT area the weekend of Sept 27 & 28th - look up this Arts Guild show and see if you can find my puzzle piece!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment