A Butterfly - a Country Home - and an Anniversary Celebration!

Susiestampalot was the Featured Stamper today on Split Coast and I chose this lovely card of hers to CASE. Things I changed: I made mine a full card rather than an Artist Trading Card, used a butterfly instead of a flower and changed the colors - but I liked her layout and used that.
I stamped the butterfly on the card stock as well as on a piece of designer paper. I cut it out of the DP and attached it over the stamping - bending up the wings. I pierced the flight pattern added the colorful Basic Grey designer paper and ric rac on the bottom half.
Stamps: Verve Visual: fluttering by
Paper: white: PTI, buckeroo blue: SU, DP: basic grey - Cupcake
Ink: Buckaroo Blue: SU, onyx black versafine
Accessories: paper piercer, ric rac, bling


My second card is from the Inspiration Challenge on Split Coast. I love the inspiration pieces - country folk art by Kay Lamb Shannon shown to us by Anne (itsapassion) who guest hosted the challenge. I chose this fun thrift shop picture to be inspired by.

And here is my card.


As you can see - I had the close to perfect stamp for it - one I've had for some time and never inked yet (how many of those do we all have!!!???). It is an unmounted stamp and unfortunately I didn't write the name of the company on the stamp so I forget where I got it! Edited: I got the stamp at Alotastamps - a fellow SCS'er let me know she saw it there!! thanks I should have realized that - they have a lot of super fun stamps!


There are so many fun details on this stamp which is pretty big - it took up the full 4.25x5.5 card here. The 2nd story shutters have little hearts cut into them and a couple of flower pots sitting on them!
The polka dotted curtains and field stone foundation add to the homey look. I made the clouds using a home made cloud template (from a punched scallop circle - then sponged over the edge and kept moving the template up) you can see how I make clouds on this post - and the grass is stamped.



I stamped the 'welcome', punched it out with my oval punch, sponged the edges - went over the word with a gray Prismacolor marker and mounted it with foam dimensionals.



DH, Kent, and I were up at Bailey's Island - off of Portland, Maine - this weekend attending a 60th wedding anniversary of his cousins parents. They live in a beautiful spot overlooking the ocean for 4 months of the year - here are some pictures of our day there.

There are 3 cottages on their property - this is the largest one where they live - their children or guests stay in the other 2 when they visit.


This is the view of the ocean from their cottage.


This is a piece of artwork on the property - they have things like this in several locations!

This is the view from the lower cottage - right on the ocean!


And here is the bride - Joanne - standing - and her husband Walter, seated to the right. The dinner was actually held in a 'still being built' garage on the property - being the only room large enough to hold about 18 people! It was a lovely place to celebrate a momentous occasion with family and good food!

Stamps: cottage: Alotastamps, grass: sutton enterprises, welcome: warm wishes SU
Paper: White PTI
Ink: onyx black versafine, soft sky , Meadow: Adirondack
Accessories: Prismacolor markers, oval punch, sponge, hand made cloud template, dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment