Dad's Cabin

First off - I wanted to let you all know that I'm probably not going to be posting for the next few days. I have a lot of things going on including going to a wedding and celebrating Memorial Day Weekend. So don't worry when you don't see any new posts from me for a few days!

Today's card is a combination of 2 challenges over at Split Coast - yesterdays sketch challenge and today's Ways to Use it Challenge - to use a masculine topic on your card.

Here is the sketch we were given.


I've been dying to use my fun little cabin from H&M's stamps - Dad's Outdoors set, that I just got recently. They are having some new sets for sale on 5/25 so be sure to check out the site. So I inked up the cabin today along with the boots, lantern and sign that are all part of the set (there's also some fishing stuff and a Happy Father's Day sentiment stamp - check it out!). I used the trees backgrounder stamp from Cornish Heritage Farms and some great stone path designer paper by Provocraft both give the feeling of outdoors to the card I think. All of the stamped items are cut out and attached with dimensionals. I colored everything with my Prismacolor markers.

My dream is to someday own a real log cabin home in the mountains somewhere - but for now this little cabin stamp set will have to do!

I want to wish everyone a Happy Safe Memorial Day weekend -I'll leave you with a few pics from last years celebration in my town.


Today's quote from Poor Richard's Almanack by Ben Franklin: "Good Sense is a Thing all need, few have, and none think they want."

Stamps: Cabin, lantern, boots, sign: H&M Stamps, Trees Backgrounder: Cornish Heritage Farms Paper: Naturals Ivory, Choc Chip: SU, green DP: DCWV THe Stack II, Rocks Pathway DP: Provo craft.
Ink: Onyx Black Versafine, Ranger Distress Inks Vintage Photo
Accessories: crimper, dimensionals, Prismacolor markers

No comments:

Post a Comment