Coming Home to the Tree

Happy Friday!! I'm a day late and a dollar shy with this card tonight......

I made this card for Kristin Werner's Color Inspiration challenge this week - but when I went to load it tonight - I realized the deadline was yesterday - so I missed it!! So here is my card using the colors of real red, so saffon, pumpkin pie, old olive and tempting turquoise! (with some Taken with Teal card stock since I didn't have Tempting Turquoise).

I used this fun new stamp from a Swedish company called Scrapmagasinet and the stamp is called Tretoppen. I purchased it from a woman in Canada who runs a stamp/craft shop up there. She also sells the cute Tilda stamps from Magnolia. I found her name on someone's blog as a person who sold the Magnolia stamps so I contacted her since I was not having any luck finding where I could buy some!

I stamped 'Happy Anniversary' inside the card. The outside sentiment (which I love!) is part of a stamp by Penny Black - it has a house above it on the stamp but I only inked the sentiment part for this card. I used my Floral Fantasy cuttlebug folder for the background. I sponged the edges as well as the cuttled panel with so saffron ink to tone down the white a bit.

We're having rain tonight and supposedly on and off throughout the weekend - so it will be a good time to be in my stamping room - not feeling guilty that I'm not out in the sunshine!!

Thanks so much for coming over to see me for a bit - check back over the weekend - I'm sure I'll be doing the Inspiration and Featured Stamper challenges on Splitcoast.

Today's quote from Poor Richard's Almanack by Ben Franklin: "He who multiplies Riches multiplies Cares."

Stamps: Treehouse: Scrapmagasinet
Paper: White: PTI, taken with teal, real red - SU, green bazzill
Ink: onyx black Versafine, So Saffron
Accessories: cuttlebug, Floral fantasy folder, dimensionals, glue zots, sponge, SU markers, Prismacolor marker: sky blue light
Techniques: Cuttlebug

No comments:

Post a Comment