Round the School


Here is my card for today's limited supplies challenge over at Split Coast Stampers - to use circle stamps, no designer paper, no cuttlebug, only round punches, and all embellishments have to be a circle. This also fits the CT0208 dirt pile challenge to make a card any size/shape accept the usual 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 size. This card is 4 1/4 x 4 1/4.
I used a fun porthole stamp from Aunt Lynnies Craft Closet for my circle stamp. I punched a circle of soft sky and stamped my school of fish on it. Then I embossed it with clear embossing powder to give the look of water (which unfortunately you can't really see in the picture) and attached it over the porthole window area. I attached silver brads where the stamped screws were around the rim and punched two circles for my sentiment one white and one black. I used Karen Foster Snap Stamps alphabet to create the words. These are neat stamps - the separate letters snap together so you can make the words that you want to for your sentiments. Then I made white dots all around the edges with my gel pen.
My husband just told me I should have used gold brads - he said they would never use silver on a marine window because it would rust - they would use brass....... he said I should have asked him first..... oh well!!
It's tough to make a card with limited supplies - for some reason when I know I can't use something - that's the thing I keep reaching for!!! I'd love to hear what you think of this card - please click comments below.
Paper: White-PapertreyInk, black, soft sky, going grey all SU
Stamps: Porthole - Aunt Lynnies Craft Closet, School of Fish - Rubber Tree Stamps, Alphabet - Karen Foster Snap Stamps
Ink: Pitch Black Adirondack, Soft Sky - SU
Supplies: Clear embossing powder, embossing pad, hot gun, circle punches, white gel pen, silver brads, silver pen, Prismacolor markers, dimensionals.

No comments:

Post a Comment