Two Ways to Package the Cash!

I always give my son and his girlfriend money for Christmas along with other smaller presents so they are able to get something they really want - that will fit - etc! This year I just gave them cash so they wouldn't even have to go to the bank to cash a check (my son sometimes forgets to cash a check for a while!) but I wanted to dress it up a little bit rather than just tuck it in an envelope....

So - for April - who loves purple - I made this cute little purse using a die from Papertrey Ink. I stamped the sentiment from Compliments of the Season by Waltzingmouse and then die cut it using Fancy Tags from Spellbinders - cutting off the left edge where I put my hand made felt flower. Then I just tied a piece of wrinkled seam tape around the handle as well as the roll of cash - which I then tucked inside the 'purse'!

For Josh I wanted a masculine look -so I used paper from Cosmo Cricket Wanted/Slim Jim. I cut two panels using the Top Note from Stampin Up, then I cut one in half and layered it over the full cut. I used Scor Tape on two sides and the bottom to hold it securely - then just stapled it to 'guy' it up!
I stamped the sentiment - again from Compliments of the Season from Waltzingmouse - and die cut it with Labels Sixteen Nestabilities. I adhered that to the bottom half. Then I added a jumbo brad and looped a piece of ribbon through tying it with twine.
I put a metal clip on the bills to hold them together and tucked them into the gift card! April always appreciates my special packaging - she will put this on her desk at work or on a shelf at home.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Purse:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Compliments of the Season
Paper: Vintage Cream - PTI, DP My Minds Eye 29th St Market
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Distress Milled Lavender
Accessories: Favor it Box 1 - Papertrey Ink, Fancy Tags - Spellbinders, Felt & sticky pearls - Michaels, Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive, wrinkled seam tape - http://www.prairiebirdboutique.etsy.com
Top Note:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Compliments of the Season
Paper: Creamy Caramel - SU, DP Cosmo Cricket/Wanted/Slim Jim
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Distress - Tea Dye
Accessories: Labels 16 Nestabilities, Top Note Die, Jumbo Eyelets, & Ribbon Originals Alpine - Stampin Up, Twine - PTI, friend metal clip - Making Memories, Staples - Close to my Heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment