A Metal Flower, Roots and Wings!

Happy Monday Stampers!   As we speak - Kent and I are traveling to Lake Winnepesaukee (I can never remember how to spell this!!)  in NH to visit a friend who has a camp on the lake there!

I have two cards to share today -  both using Rubbernecker Stamps and both made for challenges over on Split Coast.

My first card was for the Ways To Use It Challenge -  Heavy Metal - to use something metal on your card.
 I chose to make a metal flower using thin sheets of metal cut with the Tim Holtz Tattered Floral Die.  I found the tutorial for making these over at Split Coast in the forums here.

I used the wire grid stamp, a flourish stamp and a sentiment from the Bush set for my card - all Rubbernecker.  

You can see another flower I made for the top of a cupcake -  using a copper colored metal sheet - here:

My second card was made for the Featured Stamper Challenge.

 MocJen's gallery is full of wonderful CAS (clean and simple) cards which I love doing!  I decided to CASE her  Square Thank You card .

I used a different stamp and sentiment but used the same coloring and CAS design.  The bird on the branch and the sentiment are once again, Rubbernecker.  I colored the image with Copics, used a white gel pen on the colored berries and added some tiny bling along the stems.  The image panel is popped up on foam tape.
 
This card could be used for a new baby -  or for someone who's 'baby' is going away to college, moving into their own apartment, etc!!

 All Things Grow With Love Card:
Stamps: Rubbernecker - Sentiment Bush Set #560, Flourish #30-05, Wire Grid #573
Paper: white, new leaf - PTI, Ballet Blue - SU, Black & Periwinkle metal - Ten Seconds Studio purchased at Eclectic Paperie
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black & Bamboo Leaves, Ranger Distress Weathered Wood
Accessories: E6000 adhesive, thick glue dots, tattered floral die - Tim Holtz Alterations, black beads from my stash, wood grain & checkered board embossing folders TIm Holtz, Rhinestones - Kaiser Kraft, sanding block - SU, 

Roots and Wings Card:
Stamps: Rubbernecker - Roots text #88-02, Bird Branch #529-11
Paper: white, spring rain - PTI
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: White gel pen - Signo, Copics - YG63, B02, B41, tiny gems - Michaels, foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment